The Bahamas is home to a bevy of mid- and high-rise residential developments that boast privacy, exclusivity, and million-dollar views of the Atlantic Ocean and other surrounding areas.
The most coveted condos in the Bahamas
When it comes to real estate options, you won’t find the Bahamian real estate lacking. The local market is composed of a variety of real estate finds, and that includes the impressive selection of condos in the islands. These residential developments in New Providence Island alone will entice you to invest in your very own high-rise abode.
- Cave Heights – Situated in Nassau, Cave Heights is a beachfront condominium community composed of 84 high-end residences, sitting on seven acres of land. Residents of Cave Heights enjoy direct access to the beach, as well as several amenities including a heated lap pool, round-the-clock security, and numerous sports and fitness facilities.
- Ocean Club Estates – Located in Paradise Island, Ocean Club Estates includes in its roster of luxury real estate offerings over 80 condo units that feature views of the ocean, the golf course, the harbor, or the numerous canals that weave in and out of the community.
- One Ocean – One Ocean redefines condo living in the Bahamas by offering an array of luxurious residences and penthouses in what is considered as the tallest residential building in Paradise Island. One Ocean’s residences and penthouses feature high-end home features, such as imported porcelain tiles, an all-European kitchen, and top-of-the-line kitchen appliances. In addition, the penthouses enjoy panoramic views of Paradise Island.
- ONE Cable Beach – A condominium complex in famous Cable Beach, ONE Cable Beach is an oceanfront residential building that features one-of-a-kind architecture and luxury condos available in one- to three-bedroom floor plans. Residents of ONE Cable Beach also enjoy close proximity to the best of Nassau, with Baha Mar Resort just a few minutes away.
Buying a condo in the Bahamas
The Bahamas’ beach condos are some of the most sought-after real estate in the Caribbean. Here are a couple of things you should remember before you purchase one for a smooth buying experience and stress-free transaction.
- Foreigners are welcome to buy property in the Bahamas – Buying a real estate property in the Bahamas as a foreigner is not a difficult task, especially if you’re buying a condo with an expert on Bahamian real estate by your side.
Once you have your own condo residence, you can move on and apply for a Home Owners Resident Card, which grants you, your spouse, and your children (if any), port entry into the country until the card’s expiration. You can also opt to apply for an Annual Residence Permit if you and your dependents are only staying in a yearly basis in the Bahamas.
- Register the property with the Central Bank and the Investment Board -After the purchase, you’ll be required to register your property with these bodies. If you are buying undeveloped land or a property sitting on more than 5 acres of land, you’ll be required to secure a permit from the Bahamian government before the purchase.
- Other post-purchase paperwork and fees – Other things you need to fulfill after the purchase include the submission of an application to the Office of the Prime Minister, complete with a copy of the proof of ownership, evidence of payment of Stamp Duty, and real property tax. If you meet all the requirements, you’ll be issued a Certificate of Registration.
A condo in the Bahamas might be just what you need
For more information, contact Darville-Wong Realty today at (242) 327-5122 or email@example.com.